Swifts Creek Bush Nursing Centre, along with its contracted service providers, collects, uses and discloses personal information (which includes sensitive information) and health information about people using its services and staff.
Personal information will be used only for the intended purpose. Using and disclosing information about clients is a legitimate part of providing services, and keeping people safe. Where the intention includes confidentiality, information will be treated as such unless otherwise required by law.
What happens to information about you while you are a client of this service?
- We keep your name and contact details on your client record.
Other details such as your care plan and information about your health are recorded each time you visit. If any of your details change, please let the Bush Nurse know.
- Your information can only be seen by the professionals in this service involved in your care.
Otherwise, we only release information about you if you agree or if required by law, such as in a medical emergency.
- We are committed to protecting the confidentiality of your records.
- You have a right to request access to your information and to ask for it to be corrected if necessary.
Please talk to our staff if you have any other questions.
- The Swifts Creek Bush Nursing Centre will encourage clients to utilise an advocate of their choice to ensure that clients receive the best possible service.
- If you feel unable to make a complaint yourself, an advocate can do it for you.
- An advocate can be a friend or relative, or an independent organisation.
- There are local advocacy groups in many areas and you can find out about these by calling the Office of Public Advocate – 1300 309 337